last updated: 17/09/2019
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will collect,
use, and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices
regarding the use, access, and correction of your personal information.
Changing our Policy
deactivate your account with us and stop using the Dexterity Digital Service.
Your use of the Dexterity Digital Service after the posting of such changes
shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us including when you
visit our websites and/or use the Dexterity Digital Product.
example, we collect information when you enter into an agreement with Dexterity
Digital as a customer, create or modify your profile and account, access
and use the Dexterity Digital Service (including but not limited to when
you upload, download, or share information), participate in any
interactive features of the Dexterity Digital Service, submit a contact
form, participate in a survey, activity or event, apply for a job, request
customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media
sites. You may, however, visit our website anonymously.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, postal address, phone number, information about your Product account preferences, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including services purchased or subscribed to and billing address), your registration for and attendance at events, your newsletter subscriptions, as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your Dexterity Digital Product account profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, information you provide may reveal your gender). We also store information that you upload or provide to the Dexterity Digital Services ("Content") in order to provide you with the features and functionality of the Dexterity Digital Service.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Dexterity Digital Service.
When you access or use the Dexterity Digital Service, we may
automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage, Log, and Device Information: We collect information from your use of the Dexterity Digital Service such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your visit, and the referral URL. We monitor user activity in connection with the Dexterity Digital Service and may collect information about the features you use, the Content you upload, download, share, or access while using the Dexterity Digital Service, the Content you access, and any actions taken in connection with the access and use of your Content in the Dexterity Digital Service.
Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: A cookie is a small
file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when
you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows
that site to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences
and other information. You can set your browser to refuse all cookies or
to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or
understand and save your preferences for future visits and compile
aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer
better site experiences and tools in the future. We may contract with
third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our
site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the
information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the Dexterity Digital Service for the limited purpose of providing the Dexterity Digital Service and related functionality and services for which Dexterity Digital has been engaged. The information may be used for a variety of purposes, including:
- Provide, operate, maintain, and improve the Dexterity Digital Service;
- Enable you to access and use the Dexterity Digital Service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process, and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, events, and provide other news or information about Dexterity Digital and our select partners;
- Process and deliver survey entries and rewards;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Dexterity Digital Service and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Dexterity Digital Service, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the Dexterity Digital Service, and provide content and/or features that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Dexterity Digital Service; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
- To Vendors, Consultants, and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing or as it relates to a Product feature. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Dexterity Digital.
- In Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party: (a) if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (b) to enforce our agreements and policies; (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Dexterity Digital Service; (d) to protect Dexterity Digital, our customers, or the public from harm or illegal activities; (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person; or (f) as otherwise directed by you.
- For Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company. You may be notified thereafter via email of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information.
- As Aggregated and/or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Dexterity Digital Service offers collaboration features which allow you to share your Content through the Dexterity Digital Service. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Dexterity Digital Service, and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with.
Global Data Privacy Protection
Currently, Dexterity Digital uses model contract clauses as the basis for it’s approach to global data privacy protection and compliance with the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC. These contractual clauses provide adequate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and as regards the exercise of the corresponding rights.
You may access your Product account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been compromised in any way. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password to us.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can log in to our website using sign-in services such as Microsoft or Google identities. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form.
Account Information and Retention.
You may update, correct, or delete information about you at any time by
logging into your Product account and modifying your information, or by
emailing us at email@example.com We will
retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfil the
Product account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that
we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business
purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you
for a certain period of time. We will respond to your
access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your Product account is
active or as needed to provide you with the Dexterity Digital Service. We will
retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve
disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as
directed by paying customers. Dexterity Digital will retain this personal
information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes,
and enforce agreements.
Upon request, Dexterity Digital will provide you with information about
whether we store, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal
information that we are aware of. To request this information, contact us
Promotional and Newsletter Communications. You may opt out of receiving
promotional and newsletter emails from Dexterity Digital by following the
opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of
receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at
any time by emailing email@example.com with your
specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional
communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to
or use of the Dexterity Digital Service or those about your Product account or
our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you
prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser
cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if
you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the
availability or functionality of the Dexterity Digital Service.
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may place links on the Dexterity Digital Service, including the Dexterity Digital blog. When you click on a link to a third-party website from our Website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Dexterity Digital. We encourage you to review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Dexterity Digital Service is not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Please note, if you are under the age of 13, you may not use our website, products, or services.